We always recommend keeping a card on file to ensure your services go uninterrupted by a missed billing cycle. But every few years, a card's expiration date will elapse, and the card we have on file is invalid. We send notices, but we understand they get missed.
But updating your payment information is just a few simple steps away!
- Log into your account at my.valice.com
- In the top navigation bar, go to Billing > Payment Methods
- You can either add a new payment method altogether by clicking "Add New Credit Card," or you can update the information on a current card on file by clicking the Edit button next to the card you'd like to update. Save your changes and you're all set!
If you are overdue on your account, you can settle all your invoices at once by going to Billing > Mass Payment. Pay with your newly updated card, and you'll be settled.
We offer support through our ticketing system. To submit a ticket, just:
- Log into your account at my.valice.com
- In the top navigation bar, click on "Open Ticket"
- Choose your ticket type, enter your issue, enter the details of your issue, and click "Submit" at the bottom. That's it!
The three ticket types are:
- Support - for technical support in your hosting settings
- Web edits - when you want us to edit the content of your site (mostly for folks with a Dedicated Editor plan, but we can do ala carte requests, too)
- Billing - for questions about your an invoice or payment
The best way to get support is through our ticketing portal, not over the phone. We get a lot of support requests, and the ticketing system is the best way for us to queue them up and keep track of the history of work we've done in your account. Taking a support call is a bit like letting folks cut in line, so we don't answer the phone in real time.
Also, going through the ticketing portal is the best way for us to verify that it is actually you making a request. Phone calls don't require passwords, but the portal does.
Of course, we do want to hear from you, and if you call us we'll definitely get back to you. Or better yet, you can schedule a support call if you need to talk in person.
We really are very responsive to ticket requests. To get started, just log in at my.valice.com and click "Open Ticket."
There can be lots of reasons your site isn't performing its fastest. The best way to get our help with this is to get a Performance Review from us.
We'll take a look at your site and use lots of tools at our disposal to get your site zipping along. It's a one-time service with long lasting effects. We'll even configure Google Search Console for you so you can keep an eye on your PageSpeed scores.
The best way for us to help you secure your site is to get a Tune Up. We'll configure a bunch of settings that will lock up (i.e., "harden") your website to keep bad actors away, and likely speed up your site in the process.
We keep a daily backups of your site for 365 days, and we will restore them at no cost to you for a period of time, depending on your plan:
- Shared hosting - N/A (backup management is part of Managed WP plans)
- Managed WP Micro - 14 days
- Managed WP Standard - 30 days
- Managed WP Plus or Pro - 365 days
To restore a backup outside of a plan's allotted time will carry a $75 charge. Just submit a ticket to get started.
Absolutely! All of our Managed WP plans include free WordPress migrations. To get started, sign up for a Managed WP plan, and submit a support ticket. We'll get your old site moved over without service interruptions.
No. Full stop.
We don't host NSFW (not safe for work) content including adult sites, hate speech (or any unprotected speech), illegal activity (including unauthorized sales or knockoff product sales), etc.
You'll get in trouble. We'll get in trouble. We just plain don't want it here. Host elsewhere.
We sure can! Check out our Accessibility Management offering for more details and sign-up information. We can have your website ADA and WCAG compliant within a few hours.
Advanced caching tools help boost your WordPress website's performance (and increase your Google PageSpeed scores):
- Redis is like a supercharged memory for your website, storing frequently accessed data in a way that allows your website to load lightning fast, even when handling complex operations and real-time data.
- Object Cache is a clever technique that saves frequently used information, like the results of complex calculations or database queries, so your website can retrieve it quickly and avoid doing the same work over and over again.
- Object Cache Pro is like a turbocharged version of Object Cache, specially designed for high-traffic websites and online stores, allowing them to handle lots of visitors without slowing down by storing and retrieving data at an incredibly fast speed.
For more detailed explanations, check out our knowledge base article on Valice’s advanced caching tools.
Valice’s Managed WP Standard, Plus, and Pro plans include advanced caching tools that can be configured in your control panel. If you’d like us to set up those tools for you, just order up Performance Review; we’ll take care of it for you.