When you transfer a domain name from another registrar, you will be charged for one year of registration and that year will be extended to the subscription end date. To transfer an existing domain name to Valice, you will need to first prepare the domain to be transferred.
Prepare a Domain for transfer
These steps will vary depending on your current domain name registrar’s settings but the process is the same. You must have access to your account with your domain registrar.
- Make sure you have access to the email address listed as the “Administrative Contact”
- Unlock the Domain
- Obtain the “Authorization Code” or “EPP Code” or “EPP Key” (registrars use varying terminology for this but it will generally be sent via email to the Administrative Contact on the domain)
Now, login to your Valice account and complete the setups below to initiate the transfer
- In the top navigation, click “Domains” > “Transfer Domain to Us” (or in the sidebar of the “Domains” page click “Domain Transfers In”)
- Enter the domain you are transferring in and the EPP Code you received from your current registrar
- Click “Add to Cart” and complete the checkout process
Domain transfers typically take 5 to 7 days to complete. The length of time depends on the releasing registrar.
NOTE: While your domain is in this transfer state (Pending Transfer) you will not be able to update your Nameservers or make other changes to the domain (e.g. domain contacts, privacy status, etc.)