You can use your Gmail account to Import/Pull/Pick up your emails from your Basic or Business email service. Using Gmail as your mail client to send and receive emails may be your preferred interface.
Pulling/Importing Emails To Gmail Account
- Open your Gmail account.
- At the top right, click the gear Settings.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the “Check mail from other accounts” section, click Add a mail
- Enter the full email address of the other account (in this case the email setup at Valice for your domain), then click “Next”.
The default on this page should be “Import emails from my other account (POP3). Just click “Next”.
On the next screen the info will be as follows:
UserName: Your full email address.
Password: Enter your password for the email address you are setting up.
Pop Server: mail.e.valice.com
Now you have a few options to choose from. Here’s our recommended settings:
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server – You will want this box checked if you are checking the email on other devices to ensure they stay in sync.
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail – Keep checked. For some accounts, you may need to uncheck this option.
- Label incoming messages – Check the box if you’d like to easily see which emails in your inbox came from this account.
- Archive incoming messages – Don’t check. Only check if you don’t want to see new messages from the other account in your inbox.
- If you get an error message while getting set up, click the Show error details link to find out more about what’s not working.
- If you get a message saying that POP is disabled, go to the settings page of your other email account and look for a way to enable POP.
- If you get a message saying that POP is unavailable, your email provider may not support POP. You can also try other ways to move emails to Gmail.
- For other errors, visit our Problems with Mail Fetcher troubleshooter.
7. Once your account has been added successfully, you’ll be asked if you want to be able to send mail as this address. This lets you compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your other email account. If you choose to send email as well, here are the steps.
SMTP/Sending Email Using Gmail Account
- “Yes, I want to be able to send mail as email@example.com”
Name: Put in your name here, or whatever you want displayed
“Treat as an alias”
Probably leave it checkmarked, but you can read the “Learn More” link to see the differences.
Click next step
2. Server/user settings:
SMTP Server: mail.e.valice.com
Username: Full email address used for the POP3 setup earlier.
Password: The password tied/used for the email address you are setting up.
“Secured connection using TLS” Checkmark this.
Click “Add Account”
The last window should be a verification window where they will send an email to your email address, well the one being used in the setup. Enter that code they sent and click “Verify” to complete the process.
Gmail will check your other account for new emails periodically. You can see when the other account was last checked from the “Accounts and Import” tab.